MIAMI – March 17, 2020 – Around the globe, governments are declaring the COVID-19 pandemic a national emergency. At Sitel Group, the well-being and safety of our people is, as always, our No.1 priority. We are working diligently with our leadership teams, employees and clients to protect both our people as well as our continued operations with our clients.
“This COVID-19 page will allow us to be agile and communicate with our clients, partners and the media in one place,” said Martin Wilkinson-Brown, Sitel Group’s Chief Marketing Officer. “With a focus on our people, we are working diligently across the globe with our employees as well as our clients on our BCP plan and the best course of action during this global crisis.”
In our continued efforts to act responsibly for both our people and our clients, we have taken the following actions:
- We are supporting our people in various ways around the globe by need including offering accommodations and provisions, continuing to implement social distancing measures, applying more rigorous cleaning measures and more
- We have restricted visitation in all global Sitel sites to approved business-critical occurrences only
- We are keeping lines of communication constantly open among our Global Crisis Management Teams and Regional Crisis Management Teams with daily monitoring both internally and externally
- With heightened awareness to the global pandemic, all Sitel facilities have supplemental preventative measures with site and personnel hygiene actions to stop the spread of any illness as well as rigorous cleaning activities
- We are working to implement our Sitel at Home solution across the globe where appropriate and where possible
- Mandatory virtual meetings to support site leadership, Operations and HR regarding BCP, processes and symptom awareness specific to the pandemic crisis; recordings of these calls are housed for our Coach+ employees to see
- Our Workforce Management team is employing standard strategies and tactics related to planning for increased absenteeism as seen in the seasonal flu season which this virus is expected to mirror
- Sitel teams are partnering with clients as the threat develops to confirm any additional actions above and beyond normal operational responses that might be required for short time periods should absenteeism spike, e.g., re-routing of calls, customer call back queues, etc.
If we have a case of confirmed infection in one of our sites, we will immediately follow our protocol which includes a deep clean and sanitization of the site and notification to the local health agency. Next steps vary upon the site, country and circumstances and in accordance with local laws and guidelines.
For more updates and information on business continuity management and coronavirus, visit sitel.com/business-continuity-management. To follow the group’s updates around COVID-19, visit https://www.sitel.com/covid-19-updates.
About Sitel Group
Sitel Group’s 80,000 people across the globe connect many of the world’s best-known brands with their customers – 3.5 million times every day. As a global customer experience (CX) management leader, we apply our 30+ years of industry-leading experience and the entrepreneurial spirit of our group’s founders to deliver omnichannel experiences through voice, chat, social media and more to customers of our 400+ clients across all verticals – from Fortune 500 companies to local startups.
Our group’s breadth of capabilities – powered by our ecosystem of experts including innso, Learning Tribes, Sitel, Sitel Insights and TSC – go beyond business process outsourcing (BPO) to support every stage of the customer journey. We are redefining the contact center and improving business results by pairing innovative solutions – such as self-care and automation – with the human touch, emotion and empathy of our people.
As a CX platform, we are powered by experts to deliver tailored CX solutions to fit our clients’ needs through our consultative, customer-centric approach adding value at every touchpoint – regardless of location, channel or time of day.
Learn more at www.sitel.com and connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter.