Miami – December 16, 2022 – Sitel Group®, one of the largest global providers of customer experience (CX) products and solutions, is pleased to share the results from this year’s global book donation drive for MAX Week 2022, celebrated annually during Customer Service Week. The drive, which took place from October 1-7, 2022, benefits schools, churches, daycare facilities, homeless shelters, libraries and NGOs.
“This is an incredibly proud moment for our Sitel Group team,” says Olivier Camino, Global COO & Co-Founder of Sitel Group. “This year’s book donation drive exceeded our expectations and is a true testament to the commitment of our people around the globe to providing a better education for those in need. Education and literacy are very dear to me personally and are reinforced as part of our group’s mission and commitment to the communities in which we operate, delivering and extending educational programs for our people and future hires.”
The book donation drive took place across 18 Sitel Group countries, and some of the countries partnered with local NGOs for specific initiatives.
- Africa – Sitel Group associates in Africa launched a collection of already used books or new books to offer to public schools in need. Each Sitel Group location in Africa has identified a school in its region.
- Colombia – The team collected books for low-income schools, which would allow these institutions to continue teaching children.
- Costa Rica – The donations supported the Borucas indigenous tribe in South-Pacific Costa Rica.
- El Salvador – The donations benefited three local organizations dedicated to literacy through different projects, such as homework clubs and programs oriented to encourage and stimulate the habit of reading and creative expression among low-income Salvadorans.
- France – All of the book donations in France supported the local branch of Libraries Without Borders.
- Germany – One of the organizations that Sitel Group partnered with in Germany is Büchertisch, who were chosen as a beneficiary because they distribute the books they collect to over 200 school libraries, 50 daycare centers, and many other facilities that need books.
- The Netherlands – The Netherlands team partnered up with a local NGO called “Read to Grow,” which believes that teaching people from developing countries to support and educate themselves is extremely important.
- Nicaragua – The local team organized a donation campaign to support a local NGO, Puedo Leer. Puedo Leer is the first lending library in Granada, Nicaragua that is open to the public, with a focus on promoting reading and a love of reading among children.
- The Philippines – The team in the Philippines is helping build libraries in over 10 locations in the country through their partnership with a local NGO. They aimed to gather 5,000 books for children to help address the current gap brought about by the pandemic heavily impacting low and middle-income countries.
- Romania – The team organized a donation campaign at Sitel Group’s main site in Cluj Napoca, and the books donated by its associates will be used to fill the libraries of 30 schools from 8 different counties in Romania.
- The United Kingdom – The local teams collaborated with a local organization to give back and strengthen their commitment by doing good for the wider community. The team in Edinburgh, Scotland, partnered with Sighthill Primary School and Better World Books UK.
“We have received almost 1,500 books from Sitel Group in France, which is an incredible feat,” says Emilie Bourgey, Head of Partnerships and Development of Libraries Without Borders France. “This will allow us to open a ‘microlibrary’, a living place to promote books, culture and social ties in rural territories. The whole Libraries Without Borders team expresses its gratitude and we are looking forward to continuing our collaboration with Sitel Group in the future.”
To learn more about Sitel Group, visit www.sitel.com.
About Sitel Group®
As one of the largest global providers of customer experience (CX) products and solutions, Sitel Group® empowers brands to build stronger relationships with their customers by creating meaningful connections that boost brand value. Inspired by each brand’s unique vision and goals, we ask “what if?” applying our expertise to create innovative solutions that reduce customer effort.
With 160,000 people around the globe – working from home or from one of our CX hubs – we securely connect best-loved brands with their customers over 8 million times every day in 50+ languages. Whether digital or voice-based, our solutions deliver a competitive edge across all customer touchpoints. Our award-winning culture is built on 40+ years of industry-leading experience and commitment to improving the employee experience.
EXP+™ from Sitel Group is a flexible solution with complete cloud capability, designed to simplify the delivery of end-to-end CX services, while boosting efficiency, effectiveness and customer satisfaction. EXP+ creates a robust ecosystem by harnessing the power of five connected product families.
Learn more at www.sitel.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.