In celebration of the role of education for peace and development, the United Nations General Assembly proclaimed January 24 as the International Day of Education, to “support transformative actions for inclusive, equitable and quality education for all.”
This year, it’s celebrated under the theme “to invest in people, prioritize education” and calls for maintaining strong political mobilization around education and charting the way to translate commitments and global initiatives into action.
Foundever™ Makes a Difference Through Education
Although the International Day of Education is focused on a single day of recognition, education has a year-round emphasis at Foundever. As part of our commitment to education, we offer career readiness training, preparation for the future of work and lifelong learning opportunities for our people and those in the communities in which we live and work.
At its heart, community development is rooted in the belief that all people should have access to health, wellbeing, wealth, justice and opportunity. Through a focus on learning and development, talent development and impact sourcing, we’re continuing to build our partnerships to create these opportunities for individuals in all communities.
One of the most powerful examples of this approach is our language academies around the world. We currently have eight language academies and community development programs in operation across Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Mexico, Morocco, Nicaragua and the Philippines, each of which is focused on making a difference specific to that country or community.
Our local teams identified language skill gaps present in the local talent and developed programs to support skills for the future. To meet demand and develop talent to generate sustainability and social mobility, our language academy was born. The skillsets gained through the language academy include upskilling and reskilling in soft skills and technical skills.
The value provided through the completion of these programs ensures higher employability for candidates. The successful completion of the program provides the candidate an opportunity to apply with Foundever and ensures success after the applicant onboarding process.
Technical education support
At Foundever, we know that technology skills and competencies will dominate the businesses of tomorrow, so our commitment to our partners will continue to uphold operational excellence by offering innovative capabilities to solve the toughest challenges.
Our tech academies are where two of our main assets — knowledge and talent — converge. First developed in Costa Rica, our tech academies are an educational program that contributes to social mobility and strengthens the internal development of our associates and external development of candidates. It helps promote and develop talent through two main objectives:
- To support the transformation and expansion of digital markets for our portfolio partners and clients
- To foster a generation of professionals who will be able to think in an innovative way, lead efforts toward technology in the future and be part of technological advances
We’re proud to see the tangible impact of this program through many success stories, such as Tatiana, a refugee in Costa Rica. She wanted to use her interest in technology to help her build another career. Through a refugee livelihoods program with the United Nations High Commissioner of Costa Rica, she took a course to earn certification as a Cisco Certified Network Associate. Soon after, she attended a job fair where she met our recruiters who offered her a job in technical support.
She’s honored to be part of the team and grateful for the difference that we made in her life by providing a quality job, technical development and a second opportunity in life.
Building the future through partnerships
To make a difference, we’re building and maintaining partnerships across both the public and private sectors. It’s how opportunities are created. Within the public sector, these partnerships cover education and labor ministries, universities and other seats of learning, such as:
- Relationships with NGOs, charities and non-profits that will improve educational opportunities and impact employability and community development. For example, in 2022, we entered into an international partnership with Libraries Without Borders, a global nonprofit that empowers communities worldwide by improving access to education and information. Last July, we donated $10,000 USD to the organization through our annual global wellness challenge for charity. This contribution has helped Libraries Without Borders deploy its signature multimedia community centers near the Ukrainian border to welcome and inform refugees fleeing the current war in the region. In France, Libraries Without Borders received more than 1,000 books through our initiative. “It is truly rare to receive such a huge amount of books from one single partner, a big thank you!” commented Emilie Bourgey, Head of Partnerships at Libraries Without Borders France. The donation will allow Libraries Without Borders to open a “microlibrary,” a living place to promote books, culture and social ties in rural territories of France.
- National and local government organizations that focus on learning such as the Minister of Education.
- Community and K12 schools by teaching English to the students.
- 100 universities and further education establishments in the delivery of education and vocational training.
- Magic Bus India Foundation to provide education completion opportunities for underprivileged adolescents and to kick-start our virtual volunteering plan for employees.
Working together for a better tomorrow
Foundever is aligned with the United Nation’s belief that education is a human right, a public good and a public responsibility and will therefore continue to drive impact through educational programs to benefit our people and communities.
With our focus on education and empowerment, our associates develop new skills and use those skills to help others both personally and professionally. Working together, we know we can make an impact for a better tomorrow.