Customer experience in the utilities industry
CX in the utilities industry faces unique challenges — new competition from tech giants has added to already-evolving customer expectations, and there’s a greater need to plan for sustainability. To form deeper connections with customers, there are key opportunities to support and educate on new utilities use and leverage data to create more actionable insights.
Find ways to support and connect with consumers
are ready to leave a company because of a poor CX
say social media influences their brand choices
Give the power to the people
Charge up with data
of consumers now expect some level of personalisation as standard
Data is the driver of customer-centric experiences
Recent research reveals that 38% of consumers would be prepared to share data in order to receive a more personalised service. As customer expectations continue to increase, they want more data-driven, frictionless experiences in utilities services.
There’s an opportunity to improve customer-centric experiences by using data and analytics tools, but knowing how to use them effectively is key to driving deeper connections.
How we help
- Monitor 100% of engagements across voice and non-voice channels to boost satisfaction
- As leaders in analytics, AI and automation, we can help your data work for you
- Analytics including voice of the customer programs identify consumer groups and their preferences
Energise consumers with digital CX
use +3 channels to communicate with companies
An omnichannel strategy gives customers faster access to answers
Utilities CX is unique — rather than being judged on the quality of products and services, your customers more likely rate you in terms of outages, communication and speed to service restoration.
Effective, transparent communication is vital — 70% of consumers say a positive CX includes fast responses to questions, and 58% say it includes telephone staff available to answer questions.
How we help
- Strong omnichannel solutions offer more ways to connect, including 24/7 voice and non-voice capabilities and chatbots
- Increase customer satisfaction with fast, reliable communication and support
- Data-driven roadmaps lead to measurable results thanks to our skills and leadership in consumer analytics
Empower trust and loyalty
of consumers would pay more for a superior CX
How to boost retention while reducing operational costs
The more satisfied your customers are, the more likely they are to return, and the opposite is true, too — 78% of consumers say they would quit a brand following a poor experience.
The need to invest in CX arrives at a time when utilities operating costs are high. Overcoming the barriers and establishing strong streams of communication requires tactical planning and leaning on expert guidance.
How we help
- Data-driven omnichannel management that drives customer retention and reduces operational costs
- Unique playbooks ensure our solutions deliver for your business from day one, thanks to our expertise in the utilities industry
- Innovative technology ensures your CX is never left to chance, including prompting the next-best action
Transform your utilities CX with Foundever™
As consumer expectations evolve, their willingness to leave a brand with a poor CX grows. A best-in-class CX with utilities is determined by understanding your customers, actionable data, tech-powered tools and a strong omnichannel strategy.
brands partner with Foundever
customer experiences supported daily
associates across the globe
Learn the CX insights that can shape your success
Types of services or lines of business
- Back office
- Customer acquisition
- Appointment setting
- Account setup and maintenance
- Sales and post-sales assistance
- Product activation and registration
- Connections, removals, transfers
- Service changes
- Sales: Upsell and cross-sell
- Pricing plans and rates
- Billing and payments
- Rebate and order processing
- Data entry
- Mail and fax processing
- Loyalty, save and retention programs
- Emergency and crisis
- Service interruptions and outages
- Knowledge base and self-service: FAQs, guides, videos
- Shut-off notices
- Social media
- Technology integration
- AI and automation
- Digital assistant
- RPA and RDA